Mara Mahmood, PhDAssociate
Mara is a developmental psychologist with a background in research methods and evaluation. She has extensive experience designing, implementing, and integrating quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation methods, and provides research and evaluation expertise to GPG strategic and business planning, organizational development, and fund development projects. She has contributed to the design, administration, and analysis of stakeholder interviews and surveys as part of strategic and business planning processes for ConnectEd California, Los Angeles Universal Preschool, and the Center for Powerful Public Schools. Mara also provides strong writing expertise, working with the GPG team to develop successful funding opportunity proposals, including the Department of Justice’s Smart Reentry: Focus on Evidence-Based Strategies for Successful Reentry from Incarceration to Community Program and Early Head Start-Child Care Partnership proposals for the state of California and Los Angeles Universal Preschool. She has also recently co-authored an article published in the International Journal for Research on Extended Education.
- Facilitated and supported an extensive stakeholder engagement and strategic planning process for ConnectEd, which involved designing and administering stakeholder surveys and interviews, and the analysis, synthesis, and application of the comprehensive set of data to ConnectEd’s future strategic directions.
- Coordinated and facilitated a sustainability planning process for Alameda County Family Justice Center’s domestic violence response and referral (DVRR) online tool through stakeholder engagement and research to develop sustainability scenarios and recommendations for DVRR’s future.
- Designed and co-facilitated a two-day Learning Community Convening for the California State University (CSU) New Generation of Educators Initiative to build and deepen CSU campus and K-12 district partnerships to support teacher preparation and improved data use for continued project improvement.
- Developed and implemented a stakeholder engagement process to inform the development of the Center for Powerful Public School’s (Center) three-year business plan. The plan, adopted by the Center’s Board of Directors, incorporated dynamic financial forecasting tools developed by GPG and outlined clear pathways for increasing and diversifying revenue.
- Conducted an intensive discovery process and thorough market analysis, including stakeholder surveys and interviews, for Los Angeles Universal Preschool’s (LAUP) strategic and business planning process. Analyzed quantitative and qualitative data, including existing and potential revenue sources, to assist in the development of LAUP’s successfully adopted multi-year strategic and business plans.